At Mushkil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7EW (next to Nando’s)
As the weather starts to turn cold, a growing number of Wandsworth residents are facing winter without a stable roof over their heads. Some will be forced to sleep rough while others precariously sofa surf to stay off the streets.
Relentlessly rising rents, ‘no-fault’ evictions and spiralling house prices all add to the problem but what should we be doing to tackle it?
If you have experience or ideas on how to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping come and join our panel of experts at Mushil Aasaan, 222 Upper Tooting Rd, SW17 7EW on Tuesday October 9 at 7pm.
The meeting takes place on the eve of World Homelessness Day and you can take part in the social media awareness campaign the following day.
The panel will include:
- Tamsen Courtenay, author of Talking to Homeless People, a book about homeless experiences in UK, a book described by The Guardian as “Shocking, witty and humane”
- Amy Wilkes, Shelter Services Manager
- Daniella Salmon, St Mungos Recovery and outreach team manager
- Paul White, Housing spokesman for Wandsworth Labour
- Maurice McLeod Homelessness Champion Wandsworth Labour Housing Team
We hope you can join us and help raise awareness of this growing problem, hear people who have been directly affected and maybe plan pathways out of the crisis.
If homelessness is something that bothers you, then please come and add your voice (if you so wish) and hear from others about the very 21st century issue affecting cities.
For more information, contact Paul White Cllr.P.White@wandsworth.gov.uk