You may recall the last autumn’s initiative by the Thrale Charity to attract more applications from Tooting and Balham to its scheme for making grants to organisations in Wandsworth that support people in need and strengthen the community. Many of you responded, and Paul Lehmann, a trustee of the Charity has let us know the outcome. He writes
“I wanted to let you know that we awarded £7,300 to organisations in Wandsworth. The organisations we supported were:
· Little Village – which takes in donations of baby clothes, equipment and toys and gives them to families in need, in Balham, Tooting and Streatham.
· Thinking Works – Tooting-based organisation which advises people on keeping warm during winter. We contributed towards a fund which will help people with emergency heating and other repairs.
· World Heartbeat Music Academy – which is providing a pop up music academy on the Hazelhurst estate in Tooting.
· Work and Play Scrapstore – we are helping to fund coffee and craft mornings on the Hazelhurst estate in Tooting, aimed at tackling loneliness.
· CARAS (Community Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers) – Tooting-based organisation which supports asylum seekers and refugees, particularly women and separated children. We are helping to fund yoga, sports and exercise classes for women who use their centre.
We’ll be inviting applications from local organisations again in the autumn.
Please publicise both the grants we’ve awarded, and the opportunities for further funding when announced later in the year, through your networks.”
For more information, contact Paul:
Trustee, Thrale Charity