BATCA Community Heroes: get involved!
Who has made a difference in our Tooting and Balham community?
Who goes the extra mile for others?
Nominate your own Community Hero for BATCA’s 2019 awards!
- Nominate outstanding individuals and teams who work tirelessly for the common good online
- Closing date for nominations is 6th March 2019
- Nominations will be assessed by a panel of independent judges
- NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Who can be nominated?
- Anyone of any age and from any background is eligible
- Any field of activity counts- whether helping neighbours, looking after the less fortunate, being active in a faith or community body…
- There are awards for teams and individuals
- Nominations for people who serve modestly with little recognition, and nominations for young people are especially welcome
- Previous winners include a brownie leader, those supporting refugees, shopkeepers who look after their neighbours, a smiling milkman, advocates for women’s rights, people running lunch clubs for the elderly…so nominate your own hero!
- Although primarily for volunteers, heroes in the workplace can also be nominated
Nominate a ‘Hero for Health’! This year we’re putting a special emphasis on those who support our health:
- Find the teams or individuals who transform lives
- Those working in the NHS or other public services
- Others supporting health and well-being, for example in pharmacies, charities or care homes
- Carers and family members
BATCA Community Heroes Awards evening: join us!
The awards will be presented by local VIPs at a celebration evening 21 March 2019
- Open to all from 7pm-10pm with food and entertainment
- Venue to be notified soon
- All are welcome but PRE-BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Please register at the bottom of this page
- There will be no charge for the evening, but we ask attendees to make a voluntary donation towards the cost of the evening and to support BATCA
How can I find out more?
- Contact Kate Allan (Secretary) at email@example.com or 07966 690308 or Ali Jaffri at firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK YOUR PLACE AT THE AWARDS EVENING