Local heroes will be honored through the Community Awards scheme launched recently.
There are sponsorship opportunities for business providing valuable publicity and other benefits through three sponsorship packages http://batca.org/business-sponsorship-scheme/
Members of the public are invited to nominate outstanding individuals and teams who work tirelessly for the common good. The closing date for nominations is 7th November 2017. The nominations will be assessed by a panel of independent judges. Please make your nomination on the online form at http://batca.org/ch-2017/
The awards will be presented by local VIPs at a celebration evening open to all from 7-10pm on Tuesday 28th November at Grand Room,180-186 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7ER with food, entertainment. All are welcome but PRE-BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Please register at the bottom of this page
There will be no charge for the evening, but we ask we ask those coming to make a voluntary donation towards the cost of the evening and to support BATCA’s funds.
How do I make a nomination?
- Who to nominate? Anyone, of any age, from any background, is eligible. Any field of activity counts, whether helping neighbours, looking after the less fortunate, being inspiring organisers, being active in a faith or community body, or other forms of service.
• Can I nominate a team? There will be awards for teams as well as individuals. We welcome nominations for both.
• Anything special you’re looking for? We particularly welcome nominations for people who serve modestly with little recognition, and nominations for young people.
• What about those who give outstanding service at work? The awards are primarily for volunteers but those who go ‘above and beyond’ in their paid work can also be nominated
• How do I submit my nomination? Please use the online form http://batca.org/ch-2017/. If that’s difficult for you, please contact the Secretary of BATCA at firstname.lastname@example.org
• What’s the closing date? Nominations must be received by 7th November.
Previous award recipients
At previous rounds of awards, a wide range of people have been honoured. They include a brownie leader, those who support refugees, shopkeepers who look after their neighbours, a smiling milkman, those running Saturday sport activities for children, a chair of school governors, advocates for women’s rights, people running lunch clubs for the elderly, those supporting people with mental health difficulties, those working to empower young people, and many more.
Teams receiving awards have included the ‘Talking books’ team for those with sight loss, a school gardening project, and an organisation doing outstanding work for refugees.
How can I find out more?
Contact Kate Allan (Secretary) at email@example.com or 07966 690308 or Ali Jaffri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here for the Community Heroes 2017 event (Please note all individuals need to register separately even if they are part of the group, Thanks)