Community Fun Day 2018
12-5pm Saturday 22nd September
Broadwater Road, Tooting, SW17 0EU
Everyone is welcome at the Community Fun Day from 12-5pm on 22nd September in Broadwater Road, Tooting, SW17 0EU.
The Fun Day will feature fun for everyone, with rides, inflatables, multicultural food, stalls, farm animals and children’s activities and more. Enjoy Tooting’s best street party and support St George’s Hospital.
• Home cooked multicultural food from Arab, Caribbean, Indo/Pakistani and Somali cuisines
• Fairground rides and inflatables with giant slide and bungee jump
• Penalty shoot outs and other sports from Ernest Bevin College
• Farm animals from Kingston City Farm
• Face painting, henna painting and children’s crafts
• Fire engine and police car for kids to visit
Meet the movers and shakers from our vibrant community and public sectors.
• Lively displays from the community groups that make our area special. Tell them what you want for Balham and Tooting.
• Free NHS health checks and interactive displays to boost healthy living and combat health problems
• Join in creative art to celebrate local WW1 heroes with Summerstown182.
• Tell your experience of the NHS to local planners and Healthwatch, health watchdog.
All proceeds go to St George’s Hospital to help fund equipment for children’s wards and to help the elderly.
Warm thanks to our major sponsors, Ernest Bevin College, Tooting Rotary Club and the Salvation Army as well as Tooting Daily PRSS, Minar Jewellers, Barkers Chemist, GSF Motorworks and Newlight Fashions.
Funds raised go to support the St George’s Hospital Charity. Over the years, many thousands of pounds have been donated to St George’s and other local charities.
The Fun Day is organised in partnership by the Al Risalah Trust and its schools, St Augustine’s Church, Broadwater Road, Tooting and the Balham and Tooting Community Association (BATCA). Fun Days have been held most years since 2007. Civic and faith leaders have praised the Fun Days’ contribution to building a cohesive, resilient community.