Tooting town centre is a vibrant local centre with a strong retail and night time economy, but we believe the current street design could be improved for the many pedestrians who travel around the area.
We have been working with Wandsworth Council to develop a scheme to increase walking levels in Tooting town centre and reduce pedestrian casualties, using an innovative and wide-ranging set of pedestrian safety and urban realm improvements. Our proposals would:
· Introduce continuous footways
· Introduce a 20mph speed limit through the area
· Improve existing pedestrian crossings and introduce new ones
· Introduce a community space on Totterdown Street
· Change the turning priority at some side streets including introducing a one-way system for Moffat Road and Hereward Road
We would like to know what you think about our proposals. You can let us know your views online at: https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/tooting-town-centre/, in writing to FREEPOST TFL CONSULTATIONS, or by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know your views by Monday 10 December 2018.
Local Communities & Partnerships
Transport for London